We collect and use personal data only as it might be needed for us to help us source jobs and roles in the recruitment sector and access to our websites (collectively known as ‘our Services’). Your personal data includes information such as:
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Other data collected that could directly or indirectly identify you
If at any time you have questions about our practices described below, please contact our Data Protection Officer (‘DPO’) at firstname.lastname@example.org. This inbox is actively monitored and managed so that we can respond in a timely manner.
What information do we collect?
We collect information so that we can provide the best services to candidates and clients. Much of what you likely consider personal data is collected directly from you when you:
- Initially created a referral account with SaaS Steps in order to make a referral claim.
- Upload a CV to apply for one of our roles
- Sign up for a feature such as a newsletter etc
- Sign terms of business with SaaS Steps
- Contact us, or otherwise communicate with us or provide information to us
The ‘personal information’ we collect may include, for example, your name, postal address, postal code, email address, telephone number, details on completed deals and other information you choose to provide to us. In some cases, you may provide information to us about someone else, such as when you refer someone to or when you share website content. In these types of cases, you agree that you have the authority to provide us with such information.
We also collect additional information when delivering our Services to you to ensure necessary and optimal performance. These methods of collection are highlighted and explained what these might be (as they vary from time to time) and how they work below:
- Account related information is collected in association with your use of our Services, interviews held, CV’s, job specifications, when deals were completed, information requests, support requests and notes or details explaining what you asked for and how we responded.
- Cookies and similar technologies on our websites allow us to track your browsing behaviour, links clicked, items purchased, your device type, and to collect various data, including analytics, about how you use and interact with our Services. This allows us to provide you with more relevant products, a better experience on our web sites and forums, and to collect, analyse and improve the performance of our Services. We may also collect your location (IP address) so that we can personalise our Services.
- Data about Usage of Services is automatically collected when you use and interact with our Services. This information includes specific data about your interactions with the features, content and links (including those of third-parties) contained within the Services, IP address, browser type and settings, the date and time the Services were used, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences and cookie data, information about devices accessing the Services, including type of device, what operating system is used, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers and error data, and some of this data collected might be capable of and be used to approximate your location.
How we utilise information
We try to minimise the data we collect and limit its use and purpose to only:
- For which we have been given permission
- As necessary to deliver the Services you interact with
- To process the full 360-degree recruitment process
- Process necessary accounting and billing procedures
- To contact you with relevant information regarding new job opportunities or services
- As we might be required or permitted for legal compliance or other lawful purposes
These uses include:
Sharing with trusted third parties. We may share your personal data with third parties with your consent. So we can perform our service, such as:
- Our clients
- Other recruitment related businesses
We only share your personal data as necessary for any third party to provide the services as requested or as needed on our behalf. These third parties are subject to strict data processing terms and conditions and are prohibited from utilising, sharing or retaining your personal data for any purpose other than as they have been specifically contracted for (or without your consent).
Communicating with you. We may contact you directly or through a third-party service provider regarding services you have signed up to. We may also contact you with offers for additional services we think you will find valuable if you give us consent, or where allowed based upon legitimate interests. You do not need to provide consent as a condition to purchase our goods or services. These contacts may include:
- Text (SMS) messages
- Telephone calls
Compliance with legal, regulatory and law enforcement requests. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process, to protect our property and rights or the property and rights of a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we consider to be illegal or unethical.
To the extent we are legally permitted to do so, we will take reasonable steps to notify you in the event that we are required to provide your personal information to third parties as part of the legal process.
Website analytics. We use web analytics tools provided by service partners such as Google Analytics to collect information about how you interact with our website or mobile applications, including what pages you visit, what site you visited prior to visiting our website, how much time you spend on each page, what operating system and web browser you use and network and IP information. We use the information provided by these tools to improve our Services. These tools place persistent cookies in your browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit our website. Each cookie cannot be used by anyone other than the service provider.
How you can access, update or delete your data
To view, update or delete your personal data please contact us at email@example.com with your details and request.
How we secure, store and retain your data
We follow generally accepted standards to store and protect the personal data we collect, both during transmission and once received and stored, including utilisation of encryption where appropriate.
We retain personal data only for as long as necessary to provide the Services you have requested and thereafter for a variety of legitimate legal or business purposes. These might include retention periods:
- Mandated by law, contract or similar obligations applicable to our business operations
- For preserving, resolving, defending or enforcing our legal/contractual rights
- Needed to maintain adequate and accurate business and financial records.
- SaaS Steps does not store or process data outside of the United Kingdom
If you have any questions about the security or retention of your personal data, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org